Quality Control Guidelines
PHONES, TABLETS, COMPUTERS, AND LAPTOPS
TV'S AND ELECTRONICS, GAMES AND CONSOLES, AND HOME & OFFICE
BABY, KIDS & TOYS
FASHION, HEALTH & BEAUTY, WATCHES & SUNGLASSES AND WEDDINGS
SPORT AND FITNESS
BOOKS, MOVIES & MUSIC
TRAVEL BAGS AND LUGGAGE
What is the Smart QC (Quality Check) ?
The Quality Control (QC) process is based on checking your products before being shipped and delivered to the customer. This is done to avoid packaging mistakes, wrong item size or color, counterfeit products, and items not matching the product description on JUMIA website, which will affect your store reputation, and increase the percentage of the returns and declined products.
Why is the Smart QC important?
- SMART QC helps to improve vendor delivery success rate.
- To decrease the percentage of the returns and the declined products.
- To gain customers trust and build your store reputation.
- SMART QC helps to ensure great customer experience which would in return result in good reviews and more sales.
Smart Quality Control criteria
- Any new product created will be Quality Checked for the next 30 days. (does not depend on vendor age so both old and new vendors).
- All prepaid orders will always be quality checked.
- All new customer orders will always be quality checked.
- There will be daily random quality check at drop off.
- Any product with at least ONE quality return will be Quality-Checked for the next 90 days. i.e. item returned because it is:
- Wrong i.e. item does not physically match what was ordered.
- Defective i.e. item physically matches what was ordered but package/item is damaged or incomplete or not functional/not usable.
How should you be prepared for the QC process?
- Pack the order halfway through (Do not seal the package) to avoid consuming more packaging materials.
- Prepare extra packaging material in case needed.
- The quality check will be done randomly on some items.
Jumia will charge a quality control failure fee for every rejected item at the drop-off hub or warehouse due to quality (wrong, defective, used, refurbished, counterfeit ).
|QC failure reason||Charge||Definition||Example|
|Wrong item||N3,000||Fulfilled an item different from what was ordered||If an item is rejected at the drop off point because it does not physically match what was ordered. This applies to wrong color, shape, technical characteristics, brand, swapped invoices.|
|Defective item||N3,000||Fulfilled items not working in line with specifications, items missing parts, broken seals or stains.||If an item is rejected at the drop off point because it is damaged, incomplete, not functional or not usable. e.g. missing item or parts, damaged or broken item/package, stains, stitch defects, misplaced or broken seals, items that do not power on.|
|Used/Refurbished item||N50,000||Fulfilled item(s) that have been previously used||If an item is rejected at the drop off point because it is not new e.g. item looks used/has been used or is refurbished.|
Jumia reserves the right to permanently delist accounts on any occurrence of returned item due to quality ( wrong, defective, used, refurbished).
Exemptions: No exemptions.
NB: Kindly note that all affected product would be delisted except the verified products, and all product would be under consistent check.
Any product with a high overall return or rejection rate will be Quality-Checked for the next 90 days..
– Any vendor with a high-quality return or rejection rate will be Quality-Checked for the next 90 days.