1. How do I raise a claim?
Simply click on the “RAISE A CLAIM” button at the top left corner of your seller center dashboard and fill the form with the required information or fill the form here.
2. What are the timelines for order fulfillment?
Please ensure all order(s) is/are updated to “ready to ship” within 24 hours of the order dropping on your seller center and the item(s) are dropped off within 24 hours of you setting your order to ready to ship.
3. Why do I need to drop off my items on time?
As always, we want to ensure your customers get their orders quickly. Vendors that drop-off their items on time will have a higher delivery success rate and will receive payment faster. All vendors are expected to drop-off their Jumia Anniversary items before 6 pm at all hubs on
4. Which drop-off hubs will accept large items?
Jumia defines large items as any item that does not fit into an extra-large Jumia flier. If you have large items (excluding fragile items and items that weigh more than 50kg), please drop them off at one of these hubs:
Please click here for more details.
5. I am out of packaging materials. How can I re-purchase?
Packaging materials can be purchased offline at all the hubs.
You can place your order online here
6. When will I get paid for delivered items during the Black Friday?
We will be paying you a day after the end of your statement period.
7. I have a duplicate order on my account, what do I do?
Do not cancel the order. If you do, you will have higher out-of-stock which could result in a daily order limit. Instead, process one of the orders while you Raise a Claim. The Jumia team will confirm duplicate order(s) on your behalf or cancel the order where applicable. You will then receive a call back within 24 hours if the order is not a duplicate.
8. I dropped off my package, but it’s not showing as shipped on Seller Center.
The warehouse team has adequate manpower to ensure that all the Jumia Anniversary orders are processed within 24 hours. If an item you dropped off is not processed by 7 am the following morning, please Raise a Claim and attach the signed carrier manifest (proof of drop-off) and include the list of pending orders. We will respond within 24 hours.
9. Why did the price of my item change?
Vendors that have been selected to participate in the Black Friday promotions may notice a change in the prices of their items starting at 12 am on the first day of the Jumia Anniversary Campaign (4th November, 2022). This price change is in line with your approved promotion price.
10. Can I change the price of one of my items?
Yes, however, any price change that is greater than 30% from the previous price will require approval from the Jumia team. Until the price change is approved, the stock may be sold at the old price. If you are concerned about the time to approve a price change, please deactivate the SKU until the approval has been completed.
11. What do I do when I have an API Error message during order processing?
For orders with API Errors, kindly Raise a Claim and you will receive a response within 48 hours.
12. What can I do when my Barcodes don’t scan at the point of fulfilling an order?
Please reprint the invoice and attempt to drop off the next day. If the timeline for order fulfilment runs out and your barcode is still not scanning, please Raise a Claim. The Jumia team will cancel your order to avoid any unwarranted penalties or charges.
13. What do I do when my items fail QC?
Items that fail quality check may be subject to penalty charges in line with our new & improved Smart QC process. Always ensure that the item being processed is the exact match of what was ordered. All attributes such as colour, size, brand and specification should be an exact match to avoid failing the quality check.
Click here for more information.
14. How can I boost my seller score?
You can start boosting your seller score online by ensuring you minimise quality related returns and cancellation of orders on your store in line with Traffic as a currency.
Make sure your cancellation rate is as low as possible by frequently updating your inventory on Seller Center and by fulfilling all your orders in a timely manner.
Make sure your quality return rate is as low as possible by ensuring:
- You don’t ship products with inherent defects that will frustrate your customers.
- You have detailed product pages which set the right expectations from the customers.
- You pay attention to your product ratings and customer reviews to enhance the quality of what you sell.
15. What is the expected timeline for delivery of returned items to me?
Returns will be processed as usual with all returned items routed to their hub of origin and re-routed to Agege hub (after 7 days at the hub of origin if not picked up by the seller.)
16. I have both Jumia Express and Non-Jumia Express stock. Will I get a notification for Jumia Express orders on Seller Center?
No, on Seller center, you will get notifications for non-Jumia Express orders only, for processing. However, you will be able to view all shipped orders (Including Jumia express).
17. What is the delivery timeline for Black Friday customers?
Black Friday is an important sales event! The Jumia logistics team is excited to be delivering millions of orders to customers all over the country in record time. Because of higher-than-usual sales volume, we have communicated to all customers that the delivery timeline will be prompt.
Lagos: 1 business day
Ibadan, Abuja, Portharcourt, Abeokuta: 2 business days
All other cities: 5 business days
Non Jumia Express:
Lagos: 2 – 4 business days
Ibadan, Abuja, Portharcourt, Abeokuta: 3 – 5 business days
All other cities: 3 – 8 business days.
18. How do I get support when I have inquiries?
You can contact us by raising a claim via this link or by simply clicking on the raise a claim bar on the top left corner of your seller center dashboard.
19. What is the Vendor Promise for the Black Friday campaign?
Effective 26th October – 31st December 2022, Jumia’s vendor promise to sellers will be 30 days. This means if an item that fails delivery is not made available for collection within 30 days from when the item was shipped, you will be notified to send an invoice so that we can pay you. Please be reminded that all invoices must be sent in within 14 days of notification.
OPS TIPS TO MANAGE Black Friday.
As always, we want you to have a very successful Black Friday Campaign this year too! So let’s get you started with the preparation well in advance for one of the most exciting campaigns of the year:
- Stock up on Packaging Materials. Start ordering here to avoid a last-minute rush!
- Monitor your stock and assortment. Carry out a regular stock update and update them on sellercenter too.
- Hire additional staff if needed to process orders in huge volumes.
- Pick up your returns from the hubs so that we can prepare them and our warehouses for the upcoming campaign.
- Be reminded of our return pickup process, click here for more details.
- Improve your Seller Score to increase your sales during the event. It’s not too late yet! The higher the seller score, the higher the chances of sales. Click here for more information.
- Are you up to date on our QC guidelines? If not click here
- Have you signed up for promotions already? If not click here
- Boost your sales by subscribing to our marketing value-added services
- Ensure price updates during Black Friday Campaign are done correctly.