What are penalties?
As a Jumia vendor, you agreed with the attached Terms and Conditions to have the right to sell on Jumia. If you don’t respect them, Jumia may apply a penalty to your account.
The objective of penalties is two-fold:
- Protect customers from receiving wrong items and being unsatisfied.
- Protect you from losing sales and potential customers.
How do penalties work?
How to pay?
You don’t have to pay cash a penalty, fees will be directly retained on your Seller Center Account.
Why do you pay?
- Quality Check fail penalty – applied when the product fails the Quality Check at the drop-off hub.
- Return penalty – applied when a customer returns back an item for a quality reason.
- Out of Stock (OOS) penalty – applied when OOS happened.
- Counterfeit – applied when you sell counterfeit products on Jumia.
How much do you pay?
- Quality Check fail penalty – N3,000
- Return penalty:
- Return for poor product quality – N3,000
Out of Stock(OOS) -Applied when an order gets cancelled as out of stock after 48 hours. The penalty charge is 3 times the commission charge of the cancelled item and it is capped at N5,000
1st attempt – You receive a warning email and are encouraged to remove all fake items immediately, to avoid incurring No Charges
Second attempt – Fake items will be removed and you incur a penalty of #50,000.
Third attempt – Fake items will be removed, Jumia will delist you as vendor
You disagree with a penalty? Don’t worry we are here to help you!
Raise a claim on the Internet: Click here